Meeting of the
Integration Of Care Committee
Danielle Beiling and Donald Powell, Chairs
December 18th, 2019, 10:00AM -12:00PM
God’s Love We Deliver, 166 Ave. of the Americas
Members Present: Donald Powell, Paul Carr, Mitchell Caponi, Bettina Carroll (non-voting), Rose Chestnut (phone), Mary Correa (phone), Dorothy Farley, Billy Fields, Ronnie Fortunato, Janet Goldberg, Deborah Greene, Bill Gross, Graham Harriman, Annette Roque, John Schoepp, Joel Zive
Members Absent: Danielle Beiling (Co-chair), Lauren Benyola, Randall Bruce, Michael Ealy, Christopher Joseph, Peter Laqeur, Claire Simon, Brenda Starks-Ross,
|Welcome/Introductions w Pronouns/Moment of Silence/|
Review of the Meeting Packet/Review of the Minutes:
Mr, Powell led introductions with pronouns and the moment of silence. The minutes were accepted with corrections.
Care Coordination Standard of Care Line-by-Line Editing
- Struck field based from the document to
remove association with slavery
- Discussion of best language followed: home, community based, and off-site.
- Stigmatizing language was dismantled to
the best of the group’s ability with Ms. Simon’s leadership.
- Attempted to shift the focus to systemic barriers and not on individuals and populations
- Substitution of the word inequity for disparity
- Vulnerable groups/target populations shift over time
- Debated inclusion of peer support and included it as a best practice
- Everyone needs self-management skills. Document required clarity.
- Clarification on how a person would gain entry into the program, particularly if they are from out of state.
- Staff can do the work of those with lower qualifications but not vice versa.
- Debate about how to best represent process of re-assessment
- Removal of word escort
- Many grammatical changes
- Standards of Care will be put on hold until the master directive can be reviewed and updated to reflect desired changes
|Public Comment/New Business|